Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Things they say

Hi everyone, it's Chad. We are all doing well despite our lack of posting stories. I thought I would take a moment, since I had the time, and share some of the goofy things that my kids say and ask.

The kids got the 2nd Disney Scene It game for Christmas. While I was at home with Blake one day, we were playing. To begin the game we selected the characters that would be our pawns to move around the board. He chose Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars and I chose Ariel, the Little Mermaid. Blake asked, "Dad, are you using her because you think she is hot?" I said no and that it was because I was Nemo the last time and I wanted to be someone different.

A week or so later, Jaime had made some cookies. It was late and Blake was on his way up to bed. He asked if he could have a cookie and Jaime said no. He then asked, "Why? Is it because they are poisoned?" As I laughed, Jaime told Blake that she has never ever put poison in her cookies.

A few nights later, Jaime and I were watching T.V. in the living room. We heard a loud "Bang!" from upstairs. It sounded like someone was beating a metal shelf with an aluminum baseball bat. I went running upstairs and just as I got to the top, I looked towards Hallie's room just in time to see Daniel's feet jump up on Hallie's bed. As I entered the room, looking around for anything that was out of place or broken, I noticed that all four kids were sitting on the bed. I asked what the noise was. Blake said, "I don't know" and Andrew repeated him. Then Hallie said, "It was nothing" and Daniel repeated her. I asked if they heard the loud noises and Hallie asked, "Did it sound like a clatter?" (She had recently read the Night Before Christmas.) I said that it sounded like a very big clatter. Blake then said, "I don't know. Maybe it was a tornado." I said that it was not a tornado, it was 4 kids who were doing something that they should not have been and if it happens again, all of them will be in trouble. They said that they would let me know if they hear anything. With no evidence, I left the room and let them keep playing.

Who knows what they will say next?

No comments: