Friday, February 8, 2008

Pinewood Derby

This past weekend, Blake participated, once again, in the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. For those who are not familiar with what the pinewood derby is, I will tell you. Each cub scout builds a car out of a block of wood and then they all race them down a track to see which car is the fastest. The scout gets to design their car however they want.

Last year, Blake, of course had to design his like the General Lee. (Was there any other choice?) This year, he changed his mind about designing Sheriff Roscoe's police car and deciding on having his car look like a Nintendo Wii controller. After we were finished, it looked great, if I must say so myself and I must.

When it came time to run the race, the Wii car got a lot of attention from the other scouts, who thought it looked cool. Blake didn't have the fastest car in the cub scout pack, but did manage to win one of his heats. He was really excited.

The car has been retired to his "box of special things" as he puts it, but may still manage to make it out every now and then to roll across the floor. Who knows, eventually it may end up doubling as a dummy controller so that the twins don't throw the real ones across the room while trying to play the Wii.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Definitely the best looking car at the PWD.

Unknown said...

My son loves your wii remote pinewood car! We have our race in a few weeks, and he wants to do that too. How did you get that to look so authentic? Almost looks like a decal.

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and
am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard great things about blogengine.
net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress
posts into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


Feel free to visit my web site Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags