Thursday, May 1, 2008

Light's Out

Andrew and Daniel have been out of their cribs for some time now and sleep in twin beds. They have adjusted to sleeping in their beds, but won't seem to go to sleep without me or Jaime sitting in the room with them. This has been ongoing for a while. Jaime and I alternate nights just to keep our sanity.

Last night, it was Jaime's turn to sit. We try, every now and then, to break them of needing us in their room, so she decided to put them in the bed and leave to see if they would stay in their beds and go to sleep. We do have a gate to make sure that they stay in their room. (They can open doors, even if they are locked.)

After she got downstairs, it was obvious that they didn't stay in their beds. We heard them banging on the floor, wall, door, gate, and anything else that they may have been colliding with while walking around in the dark. Eventually, we didn't hear them anymore, but not allowing ourselves to be tricked, we stayed downstairs a little longer.

When it was time for Blake and Hallie to go to bed, we all walked very quietly upstairs hoping not to disturb the potential sleeping kids. Blake and Hallie went to bed without a hitch. Next, I headed to Andrew and Daniel's room to check on them. As I went to step over the gate and into the room, I almost fell on my face as I tried to avoid the two little bodies that were cuddled up next to each other in the doorway right next to the gate. They were cute and hilarious at the same time. Here is a look at what I saw.
I guess when the warden calls for light's out and locks you up in the dark, you have no other choice but to go on to sleep.

5 comments:

Sallie said...

That is just about the cutest picture ever!!! Guess what - Andrew talked to me tonight - on his own!!! I am making progress.

Karen said...

That is just precious! I love keeping up with you all on your blog. We miss you guys!

- Karen and Jason

Shelli said...

How did you keep from waking them up just to hug and kiss them because they're so precious??? It has been amazing to watch them grow their relationship with one another.

Sallie, I'm just happy to be looked at :o) I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Thats so cute!!!