Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Love Letter

When Hallie was 3 years old, she met a boy named Mason at school and they became great friends. At school, they were inseparable. Many of you, I am sure, have heard Hallie talk about Mason. Hallie has always had a crush on Mason and Mason has always had a crush on Hallie. They have talked of being married for about 3 years now.

Since both of them live in different school systems, they have been separated for their first year in Kindergarten. Hallie still talks about him and they have managed to stay in touch. They have been to each other's birthday parties. Jaime and Mason's mom even got them together for their first official date to take them to the movies.

The other day, Hallie got a letter from Mason in the mail and she was extremely excited. She opened it up and read it fairly easily, even though it was written by a kindergarten boy who was learning to read and write phonetically. I guess in the language of love, there are no misspellings. I had to share this letter.

Translation: "Dear Hallie. I love you because you are so beautiful."

5 comments:

Julie said...

That is so sweet! I can totally see that letter showing up at their wedding rehearsal dinner in 15 years...

Brian said...

"in the language of love, there are no misspellings."

Pure awesome. :)

Leah McDonald said...

So adorable : )! I love the story of the two of them!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. I love how he spelled beautiful.

Jen B. said...

Oh my word...that might be one of the most fabulous things I have ever seen! How awesome! I love LOVE!