Thursday, September 20, 2007

7 Minutes

When was the last time you got into an "yes it is"/"no it is not" argument with a kid? For me, it would be very recently. We were on the way home the other night, when Hallie asked how much longer until we get home? It was about seven minutes so I told her so. She then replied that seven minutes was a long time. My immediate response was "no it is not". She said, "Yes it is". I said "No it is not". You can see where this is going. Over and over we repeated our statement. I even tried the old Bugs Bunny sneak tactic by saying "yes it is", hoping that she would say "no it is not" so that the game could end, but Hallie was too smart for that. She thought that I had gotten confused and said the wrong thing, so she corrected me.

Seven minutes later, as we were pulling into the garage, I finally get the last word in with a resounding "no it is not", however Hallie had made her point, whether she knew it or not. The point that she made was that seven minutes IS a long time, especially when you are continually saying, "no it is not".

No comments: