Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Hallie!

Today is Hallie's 5th birthday. I know I have a lot of blogging to catch up with, and hopefully in the next couple of days I can catch up, but since today is Hallie's birthday, I want to write about the day she was born.

Hallie...

When Daddy and I found out we were having another baby, we were so excited.. Mommy was hoping for a baby girl, so the day we went to find out if you were a boy or girl, Blake came with us and when the told us you were going to be a girl I started crying. I was so happy. Daddy and I decorated your whole room in pink and white. Daddy even painted pink and white flowers on the walls of your room, so when it was time for you to be born, you could come home to your own beautiful room.

Mommy had been to the Doctor several times the week before you were born, and even spent the night in the hospital one night, because we knew you were coming. The night before you were born, I cleaned the whole house and then Daddy and I walked and walked and walked around the mall, hoping it would make you come sooner. The next morning I went to the Doctor and he said, "Are you ready to have your baby today?" And I said "Yes!". I called Daddy and he headed to the hospital to meet me. I called Grandma and Grandpa and they got on a plane from Charlotte so they could be here when you were born. Daddy called Poppa and Bidee and they went and got Blake from school to bring him to the hospital so he could be there too.

We waited all day and then about 5 o'clock at night, the Doctor told me it was time for you to be born. Then at 5:30 you were here. Daddy and I were so excited. You were beautiful. Daddy went to the waiting room and told everyone you were here. He went and got Blake and Blake was the 1st one to see you. He was very proud of you. Everyone else came into the room and they could not wait to hold you. Grandma and Grandpa were there, Poppa and Bidee were there, so were Uncle Brian and Aunt Dawn and Aunt Julie and Uncle Jeremy. (Sorry Jeremy for leaving you out! ) That very night, you started talking to us. You were making the cutest noises as we held you.

Daddy and I love you so much Hallie. You are a very special girl. You love everything you do and have so much excitement about everything. You want to learn and grow so fast and you are doing that everyday. We hope you have a wonderful 5th birthday.

Here is a picture of you this morning with the big vase of flowers Daddy wanted us to give you on your birthday.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Happy Birthday!

Sallie said...

Happy Birthday to the most word-filled little girl I know!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hallie! I love your birthday dress!

Amy <><

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Hallie!! You are one special little girl in a houseful of stinky boys :o)