Monday, September 17, 2007

Andrew

I know I have a lot to catch up on after Hallie's birthday week, but I have to share this story while it is still fresh on my mind.

Last night about 3 am, we woke up to Andrew screaming. He usually cries out about once a night and we just let him go back to sleep, but last night he kept crying and crying. So I went upstairs to try and calm him down. When I got up there, he had taken both his shorts and his diapers off. I found the diaper and it was dry, so I thought we were okay. I took him downstairs to get another diaper and when I turned on the light, I found that he had dried poop all over him. It was in his hair, on his face, all over his legs and pajamas and all over his bear he sleeps with. So while Chad goes to change the sheets and put the dirty ones in the wash, I have to run bath water and bathe him at 3 am. In the middle of this, Blake comes down and says he can't sleep because of all the noise. We finally get Andrew bathed and dried off and back in bed (where he screams for another 15 minutes until he falls asleep). Amazingly Daniel stayed asleep through all of this. After Chad and I trying to go back to sleep for about 45 minutes, we finally fall back asleep, and Blake comes back downstairs and says he is not tired anymore. I convince him to go back to sleep and when I wake up this morning, he is asleep on the floor next to my bed, with only one little pillow and no blanket! He is lucky I looked down before I stepped out of bed, because that would have been a big surprise for both of us!

Happy Monday!!!!

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Oh HAPPY MONDAY to you!!!!!!! Hope Tuesday brings a better day.