Monday, November 12, 2007

Baking cakes

I have been baking cakes for about 25 years. When I was in 3rd or 4th grade I had a surprise Anniversary party for my parents, where I baked and frosted two cakes (from scratch) while Mom and Dad were not at home. I like to bake and have been doing it forever. Then this weekend, the kids and I decided to bake a Checkerboard Cake for Mom's birthday, again I have baked this cake before with no problems. I decided to do a cooked chocolate frosting, which is very simple, again something I have done before. Below you will see the results of my cake baking adventure. Let's just say, nothing worked right this weekend.

It tasted great, but that was about it. At this point, I gave up frosting the rest of it and we just ate it as it was. Oh, well.


3 comments:

Sallie said...

Sometimes the messiest foods are the best foods....looks yummy to me. I mean it's chocolate right?

Anonymous said...

If you baked it... I'd eat it! Your cakes are great! I'm still waiting for you to bake me one for my 30th birthday... :)
Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

That's about the ugliest cake I've ever seen!! But I bet it was good!