Saturday, November 17, 2007

The White House

Hi. It's Chad. I was in Washington, D.C., this past week for a training class. On Wednesday morning, I skipped out on training and went to take a tour of the White House. It was extremely cool. That evening, I called home and told Jaime about it. Hallie wanted to talk on the phone to me, so I began to tell her about it. Her response was, "That was cool. Did you see George Washington?" I told her that I did not, but I did see his picture. Blake was next to talk. I told him about going to the President's house. He wasn't quite as impressed at first. In an attempt to build him up to my excitement level, I told him that the President has his own movie theater and bowling alley in his house. He perked up at that point with an excited "Really?!?!" I then told him about the swimming pool, basketball court and tennis courts. Blake couldn't believe his ears and was amazed that someone could have all of those cool things in their house. Thinking of the best thing ever, in his mind, to have at your house, he then asked, "Daddy, does the President have his own McDonalds in his house?" After I quit laughing, I said, "No, but if the President wants McDonalds to eat, someone would bring him McDonalds." I guess even though you may have 5 star expertly trained culinary chefs at your service, there is no remedy for a Big Mac Attack.

No comments: