Monday, November 5, 2007

Chad vs. Hallie

Hi everyone. It is Chad. Hallie finished soccer a couple of weeks ago. After we had gotten home, she was a little upset that she had not scored a goal in any of the games this year. It definitely wasn't for lack of trying. She worked really hard to score a goal, but just couldn't do it. She came really close in the final game, but missed the net. Since she was upset, I had told her that next year, she would most likely score lots of goals because she would be older. I went on to say that when you get older, you get stronger and faster, so you will be able to kick the ball harder and run faster. She thought on this for a second and then replied, "Daddy, that can't be right because I am way faster than you." I told her, "No, you are not." She went on to say that she was and she has beaten me in a race. After that, I did what any dignified dad would do. I told her that she was wrong and the next day that we were outside, I was going to race her and prove to her that she was not faster than me. Race day arrived this past weekend. We were outside playing and I reminded her about our race. We lined up. Hallie said, "On your mark, get set, go!" and the race was on. One thing to remember when racing someone in a sprint for a distance of 25-30 feet is that the jump out of the starting gate is crucial. Hallie was a littler faster out of the gate than I was ready for, but I am proud to say that I won the race. Yes!!! You heard me right. I am a slightly faster runner than a 5 year old girl.

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Who was the most winded?