Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Big News for Blake

We had some big news last week and I am sorry that it has taken this long to get it posted. Several of you already know this, but for those who do not, last week, Blake had asked Jesus into his heart.

Over the last month or so, Blake had been asking a few questions here and there about heaven, God, Jesus, sin, etc. Jaime and I had been answering them the best that we could and talking to him about Jesus and heaven. We had been wondering if he really understood the reason for accepting Christ as his Saviour. One night last week, Blake told Jaime and I at dinner that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. Later that night, after Hallie went to bed and while I was putting Andrew and Daniel to bed, Jaime and Blake had a long talk about everything from sin, to God's love, to Jesus, to the cross, to family members in heaven, and what it means to be a Christian. When the twins finally went to sleep, we talked with Blake some more about accepting Christ. Then we prayed with Blake. He said his own prayer to ask Jesus into his heart and after hearing it, there was no doubt in either mine or Jaime's mind that Blake fully understood what he had done. It was obvious that God was at work. After we all prayed, we hugged and kissed him and told him how glad we were that he would spend eternity in heaven with us.

Both Jaime and I are so proud and extremely happy for Blake. He has told lots of people and is excited each time that he does. Already, he is sharing Christ with others by telling them his news. Congratulations Blake! We love you so much!

7 comments:

Brian said...

That is fantastic news!! Thank you, Fahter, for calling Blake to you!

Sallie said...

Blake I am so excited for you my brother! WOOHOO and high five again!

We love you!
Mrs. Sallie

Anonymous said...

Yea Blake! I am so proud of you. I know Poppa is cheering louder than anyone else in Heaven.

Anonymous said...

Blake, I am very proud and excited about your decision!!

Miss Amy

Shelli said...

I am so excited for you Blake!! Congratulations! I can't wait for you to tell Graisi. She will be excited for you too :o)

Anonymous said...

Poppa is rejoicing with the angels in Heaven on your decision and I am praising God for you here. I love you!!!

Bidee

Anonymous said...

im so proud of you blake!! you have grown up so much!!!