Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm the King!!!!!

The other night at dinner, Hallie and Blake began discussing the Echols Kingdom and how the roles were divided. At first, Hallie declared herself queen, Blake a prince, Andrew and Daniel jokers, and Jaime and I servants. After hearing this, Jaime and I said, "We are WHAT?!?!?!?" Hallie told us again, in a tone that seem to say, you heard what I said, that we were servants. We weren't the only ones objecting to our roles. Daniel announced to everyone, in a loud voice, "I'm the King". Clearly he did not want to be a joker.

Realizing that there was unrest in the kingdom, Blake took it upon himself to make peace. He changed things a little by saying that he was a prince, Hallie was a princess, I was the king, Jaime was the queen, and Andrew and Daniel were still jokers. Andrew's response was "I'm a joker". Daniel's response was, again, "I'm the King".

Andrew and Daniel were later changed to princes, but Andrew again said, "I'm a joker" and Daniel again declared, "I'm the King".

They were changed to knights, but Andrew still said, "I'm a joker" and Daniel said, yes you guessed it, "I'm the King".

I even got in on the discussion and told Daniel that I was the king, but he continued to insist that it was him. No matter how many times different roles were announced, Daniel always said that he was the king. After a minute or two of arguing who was actually the king, Daniel ended up being declared King.

As the old saying goes, "If you can't beat them, join them". ALL HAIL KING DANIEL!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute