Friday, March 16, 2007

Chi-O Banquet

Chad dropped me off in Montgomery with my friends Leah and Carrie to make the trip to Troy for Chi-O's 30th year anniversary on campus and to honor one of our advisors who passed away this fall. We met most of the rest of our "once a month" dinner group in Troy, Nikki, Heather, Shea and Julie. We got to each Crowe's Chicken (the best chicken fingers and sauce on the planet), see how Troy has grown since we have been gone (10 years!) and see some friends we have not seen in a lot of years. I got to see the Chi-O house for the first time and it is very pretty. We had a dinner and a Band Party afterwards. I realized that there is a reason I am not in college anymore. After going to bed around 2, which some nights was early at Troy, I was exhausted the next day. I had a fantastic time, sometimes it is nice to have a break from "Mommy" duty. I missed Chad and the kids, but I was much more patient when I got home after a day away. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. It is great to have a group of girl friends that can get together once a month and share our lives. Together, our joy is multiplied and our burdens are divided. I am very lucky!

Then on Tuesday night, I went to dinner at Shelli's house with some of the girls from Sunday School. We had a fantastic time talking and eating, with some fantastic school. We don't get to see each other as often as any of us would like, so it was great to spend this time together. I was again reminded of how blessed I am with wonderful friends. It was a great night, I hope we can do it again very soon.

No comments: