Thursday, March 8, 2007

Cub Scout Banquet

I have not blogged in several days, I haven't felt good this week, but I know I need to get our whole weekend down before I forget about it.

Blake had his Cub Scout banquet Saturday night and it was a luau. We really had a good time, we sat by our friends from Sunday School, and we all had lots of fun. The food was really good, they had a real, whole, roasted pig. That was the first time any of us had seen that. The kids thought the meat was great, although Hallie came back to the table and told me that there was chicken up there that they had shaped into a pig! I guess all white meat tastes the same to her.

At the Awards ceremony, Blake got his Tiger Cub badge and was very proud. I really don't know what it means, but because Blake is excited, I am too. He did not win any awards for his General Lee pinewood derby car, but he and Chad had a great time building it. This weekend Blake and Chad get to camp on the USS Alabama for Cub Scouts, and I think Dad and son are equally excited about this one. I don't have any pictures to post of the banquet, but if I find some I will upload later.

No comments: