Wednesday, March 14, 2007

USS Alabama

Now that I am finally finished with last weekend, I can move to this weekend. Last week was pretty normal, just busy. Then on Friday, we headed to Mobile for Blake and Chad's trip to the USS Alabama. We went with our friends Ed and Sallie and their kids Hunter and Brantley. Blake and Hunter rode with Ed and Sallie and I don't think they looked up from their electronic games the whole way down. Brantley and Hallie rode with us, and I think they had school in the back of the van the whole way down. They used Hallie's flash cards and took turns tracing letters and spelling words. They did great job and the babies were very good for the car trip. We got to Mobile and went to a fantastic park and let the kids run and play. It was a beautiful day, we had a picnic with McDonald's at the picnic table, and just played and played. We went for ice cream and the boys had their first ice cream ever. They were a huge mess! I'll post some pictures if I can find some. I forgot to send the camera with Chad, so we don't have any pictures on the ship, but we have some from the day.

The boys went to the ship that evening and it sounds like the kids had a great time playing "war" on the ship. Chad said the kids had full access to the ship and they went as high as they could go and as low as they could go. Apparently the bunks were three high and all the kids wanted to sleep on the way top ( I'm not sure how much sleep they got!) Hallie, the babies and I stayed with Sallie's parents and had a very relaxing evening. The babies went to sleep before 7, the girls played and played, especially with their dog Maggie. Hallie really wants a dog and we are trying to hold her off until she gets her own home! Sallie, her mom and I just ate good food, watched TV, and went to bed very early. We had a really good time.

Saturday morning, we got up early and headed to Montgomery so I could go to Troy for the Chi-O 30 year anniversary banquet. I will post more about that later. I will try to post some pictures when I get home tonight.

No comments: